Why does one even bother to archive ‘I’m having cereal for breakfast’ tweets? In case you post something that may be history in the making. Back in yonder times, people wrote letters, some people kept some letters but not all. Of course, letters cost money to send so one usually had something [...]
Banning the means to self defense is the first step on the path to dictatorships. In Australia, thousands more people are killed due to medical malpractice than firearms. The FBI reveals similar shocking statistics about hammers. http://tiny.iavian.net/k57
The Bank is basically facilitating a tax avoidance scheme by issuing high denomination notes, he told Fairfax…
”If putting it under the bed or in a cupboard means you qualify for the pensioner card you get discounted council rates, discounted car registration, discounted phone rental – in percentage terms the return is enormous.”..
Mr Mair’s [...]
“DETAILED information about electricity customers’ power usage, which gives insights into when a house is occupied, is being shared with third parties including mail houses, debt collectors, data processing analysts and government agencies.
Customers with smart meters who sign up for Origin Energy’s online portal must consent to their data being shared with a string [...]
Smart meters promise the ability to “monitor” energy use and encourage people to change consuption patterns, according to AGL. Distribution grids are bulit to accomodate peak usage, demand far above what is regularly needed. It’s devices such as air-conditioners that put huge loads on the grid, all at the same time – hot days. Since [...]
A report from the Australian Institute of Family Studies recommends that parents be investigated and charged with neglect if they have a child who repeatedly hurt themselves.
PARENTS of clumsy children are risking neglect charges if they show up too many times at a hospital emergency ward.
Source: ABC.net.au (http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2012/s3580567.htm) Date: 31 August 2012
Every time you make a phone call to the United States, you should probably assume that every word is being is recorded.
Quite probably, if you use a US-based provider like Gmail or Hotmail, all your emails are [...]
Source: EFF.org (https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/08/battle-privacy-intensifies-australia) Date: 31 August 2012
Australians are fending off threats to their right to privacy from all directions. First, there was Australian Attorney General Nicola Roxon’s push to expand government online surveillance powers, submitted to Parliament in a package of reforms sought [...]
Source: EFF.org (https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/08/despite-privacy-concerns-mexico-continues-scanning-youth-irises-id-cards) Date: 31 August 2012
For more than a year and a half, the Mexican government has been collecting an unprecedented amount of biometric data from minors ages 4 to 17 as part of a youth ID card program. The Personal Identity Card [...]
Source: marketwatch.com (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/google-ups-the-ante-in-wallet-wars-2012-08-30 Date: 30 August 2012
“We want you to be able to leave your leather wallet at home,” Robin Dua, Google Wallet’s head of product management, told a Web conference this week.
Even when it comes to just making [...]
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- European ‘No-Go’ Zones for Non-Muslims Proliferating
- Tepco plans to dump ‘cleaned’ Fukushima No. 1 water | The Japan Times
- Saudis sent death row inmates to wage jihad in Syria in lieu of beheading
- Library of Congress has archive of tweets, but no plan for its public display
- Coulter: Why Can’t We Get A List Of Women Who Have Had Abortions?
- Islamic Jihad top dog on Israel: "It is the time for the Islamic Ummah to confront this cancerous tumor and wipe it out from the region"
- Tunisia: One dead, fifteen injured as Islamic supremacist mobs battle police
- "Moderate" Palestinian Authority cracks down on journalists in Judea and Samaria
- UK: Female convert to Islam "boss" behind 7/7 jihad mass murder attacks
- Naqba — commemorating a self-inflicted tragedy
- Afghanistan: 8-year-old bride of mullah bleeds to death on her wedding night
- Islam vs. Islamism: A case for wishful thinkers